What To Do Before We Arrive
For the duration of works:
- Our joiners and painters are usually on-site from 8.00 am – 4:30 pm. We require full access to the property by prior arrangement and for the duration of the works. If you’re unable to provide full access i.e. provision of keys, please inform us of this one week before your start date.
- It’s your responsibility to inform tenants and third-party key holders of works dates, arrangements and times of our staff arrival. We reserve the right to seek reasonable remuneration should our staff be unable to access your property on the agreed start date.
- Construction works may involve strong-smelling adhesives, solvents, paints or thinners. If anyone in the household suffers from respiratory problems, please take appropriate action to avoid direct contact with these substances and avoid work areas. Please inform us of any unusual circumstances or health issues before the commencement of works.
- Works may result in a temporary loss of access to facilities within the property such as bathrooms, kitchen worktops in front of windows, telephone lines, running water.
- In the event of a temporary loss of facilities, we will attempt to minimise the length of this disruption by restoring their full use as quickly as possible. We advise that you make provisions for potential disruptions accordingly.
- We will inform you in advance of any scheduled loss to facilities (as above) at the location of works.
- Please inform us of any other works in progress on the property by a third party in advance of works commencing.
- Our works will often generate building debris and waste. These materials may need to be stored in your property for a short time before their removal.
Please read through this carefully before we start works. It helps ensure potential issues are dealt with before our men arrive on-site.
- All works involve an element of risk and, while we do what we can to keep these risks to a minimum, we ask that you take extra care while works are in progress. Please take particular care if children, partially sighted persons or pets are at the property.
- We cannot be held responsible for losses due to late delivery, suspensions caused by strikes, lockouts, war, fire, breakdown of machinery or any other causes beyond our control. In these circumstances, we may cancel the Contract.
- We will make every effort to commence work at an agreed date and time. We cannot accept responsibility should any unavoidable delays occur during works. When informed of work times, dates and schedules, clients should view this as an approximate estimate. We cannot be held liable for any consequential claims due to work running over or under the proposed schedule.
- Timber products often need sanding and preparation on-site. Please take precautions to protect things like soft furnishings, ornaments and paintings. We will lay dust sheets in the vicinity of works and take additional measures depending on circumstances. It may be necessary for you to take reasonable steps to protect your home contents and areas of your property.
- All Construction works will create varying levels of airborne dust. We will take all reasonable steps to keep this at a minimum but ask that you assist us by removing contents that may be affected before our arrival.
- Before works commence, please remove any curtains, nets or blinds. Remove any security system sensors on the windows. We are not liable for any damage incurred if you fail to remove these items.
- We can accept no responsibility for damage to any soft furnishings or curtains that have not been suitably removed or protected. When interior work is underway, you should remove breakable items such as pictures, mirrors, ornaments and electrical goods. We will take care to protect your property, but we cannot be held liable for any damage incurred if you fail to remove these items.
- For exterior works, it is your responsibility to remove all items of a fragile and delicate nature from the work area. Vehicles, garden furniture and planters, should be removed or cleared from areas below windows. We are not liable for any damage caused to items from falling debris, loading and unloading or painting work.
- It’s often difficult to assess the condition of a window during the survey stage if the windows are painted shut or there is restricted access. Once works begin on a window, if there are repairs necessary that are deemed uneconomical, we will discuss with you immediately as your quote may need adjustment. During refurbishment works, this typically means a new sash or a replacement case.